I am the proud mother of two beautiful children and soul mate to my life partner Shaun. I come from a nursing midwifery background and I am passionate about all things to do with pregnancy, birthing and improving the experience of life in general. I am the founder of the Calm Connexions®.
Even though I was already a childbirth and parenting educator for many years before our first child, I found myself completely overwhelmed and unprepared for the birthing and parenthood experience. As a result of my lack of knowledge and preparation I found myself with severe Postnatal Depression.
When I discovered we were expecting our second child, I became very motivated to find ways to improve the experience for my partner, our baby and myself.
So commenced this wonderful journey of self-discovery into pregnancy birth and parenthood. My quest has evolved from finding ways to help myself to how I may best serve expecting couples and the families in my care at a very important time in their lives.
In 2005, I became a Calmbirth® Practitioner. I observed that calmbirth® offered a gentle effective way to prepare for the birth of a baby. From here I incorporated the benefits of Calmbirth® and the skills I have learnt to develop our Calm Connexions® program.
As with Calmbirth®, Calm Connexions® embodies our philosophy of helping couples to help themselves. Using knowledge and simple techniques it is possible to achieve a calm, gentle and joyful experience that provides a wonderful spring – board to launch into the role of being a parent.
As a Midwife and Parenting Educator, it has been my privilege to witness many birth journeys over the last two and a half decades. It is my firm belief that pregnancy, labour and birth are pivotal life events. It offers a unique opportunity to learn and develop skills that will not only improve your experience of life, right now, but for the rest of your life and also that of future generations will carry on your legacy.
My vision is: If starting right now each child was grown, born and nurtured in calm and compassion we could change the world in one single generation.
I am excited for I am living my dream by serving one family at a time within an increasingly intelligent community. Calm Connexions® is the vehicle I use to not only enhance the quality of life for my family but all the families that I come in contact with. Calm Connexions® is an expanding dynamic entity in its own right. A way that I can facilitate co-creation with other like-minded, authentic individuals that are passionate about expanding their tolerance for pleasure and well being.
In Short, I dedicate all my knowledge & experience to give to you in our class. I offer a genuine family orientated environment that provides air conditioned comfort, the best available styled seating & space to fully accommodate 6x couples a session. We welcome your interest & participation toward your growth as parents.
- Registered Nurse RN (since 1985)
- Registered Midwife RM (since 1989)
- Registered Educator – Childbirth And Parenting Educators of Australia (CAPEA) / formerly (NACE: National Association Childbirth Educators) # 454 (since 1993)
- Lactation Consultant certified with IBCLC (International Board of Certified Lactation Consultants) (since 1995)
- Sexual and Reproductive Health Nurse (Family Planning) (since 2005)
- Core of Life® Facilitator (since 2012)
- Calmbirth® Practitioner # 600904 (since Practitioner Training 2005-2007)
- P.S.H.® Therapist (International Center for Subconscious-mind training and Research QLD) (since 2007)
- Professional Development Presenter in the areas of Midwifery, Child Birth, Calm Work Environments, Breathe Awareness, Expecting Parents, Early Parenthood Relationship, & Lactation
- Circle of Security® Facilitator (Attachment Parenting Theory) (since 2012)
- Massage Therapist Certificate IV Remedial & Relaxation including Pregnancy Massage (since 2010)
- Powermind® Metacoaching Foundation Level 1 Graduant (since 2012)
- Life – Coach with Powermind® Metacoaching Foundation (since 2010)
- Regularly attend Conferences for the accreditation subjects for Calmbirth®, Midwifery, Childbirth Educator, Lactation, Family Planning, Neuro-Science & Meditation both Domestically and Internationally.
- Educator for the Lactation Course incorporating the John Hunter Hospital
- Visiting Speaker for local Health Clubs for the benefits of Effective Breathing
- Educator for Powermind® Metacoaching for the benefits of the Sub-conscious Mind to achieve high performance potentials
- Co-Chaired with Peter Jackson & Doctor Andrew Bistis Calmbirth® conference in Creating Calmer Birth Environments at John Hunter Hospital .
- Co-chaired “Creating calmer birth environments” workshop for medical professionals with Peter Jackson in Crows Nest Sydney.
- Continuing role with the John Hunter Hospital & Belmont Birthing Centre as a Parenting Educator for both the birth and parenting programs and breastfeeding prenatal classes.
- Birthing from Within® – Workshop Attendee @ Bryon Bay NSW
- Bringing Baby Home® Facilitator – Certified Gottman® Educator
- Co-Facilitator with Dr. Chris May: ‘Connecting the Dots – Strengthening Parenting Partnerships’ – University of Newcastle Family Action Group.
- Professional Development Presenter for the Hunter New England Area Health for Midwifery Seminar – “Optimising Birth” at the John Hunter & Tamworth Hospitals
- Course Designer & Facilitator for “Tricks of the Trade” for Midwives presented to Midwifery professionals, including Midwifery – University of Newcastle Students, in the Lake Macquarie – Newcastle & Hunter area.