Acupressure / Reflexology for Parenting Education
(By Penny Williams 22/08/2016)
• Recent study published in The British Medical Journal by Dr Levett. (Sydney 2016)
• Found Prenatal Education classes that include some simple complementary therapies can.
o Reduce epidural and caesarean section rates.
o Less medical Induction and augmentation of labours
o Shorter second stage of labour
o Less perennial trauma.
o The babies themselves are born in a better condition.
• Great energizer for prenatal classes and helps add a fun little artichoke to your program
• Assists the birthing couple develop at “Trust Bond” an essential developmental foundation for the formation of their “co-parenting relationship”. (Dr Chris May 2016)
• Empowers the woman’s partner to be the to be a primary birth support.
• Helps the couple to take back more responsibility for their care, which increases satisfaction in the birth experience.
What is Acupressure?
• A component of Traditional Chinese Medicine that has been used for over 2000 years.
• Acupressure focuses on the way energy flows in the body.
• The body has many energy channels or pathways that are called Meridians.
• Each Meridian have points or a button where energy can be redirected to enhance the well being of a person
• Pregnancy and birth are “normal abnormality” where for obvious reasons we want the down ward energy to be stronger than the upward energy.
I highly recommend the following attached document to further outline key points I present “Reflexology” in Childbirth Education Classes.