Here are some of the most common questions that are asked.
What if I wish to ask Penny a Question/s regarding what services can be meet regarding Calmbirth® Class, child birth for expecting parents, C-Section, Early Parenting Skills, Breastfeeding or Pre & Post Birth Counselling?
Your questions are vitally important toward you and your partner gaining an understanding of your future as a parent. Our services cover the spectrum of knowledge for expecting parentings through our Pregnancy / Child Birth education with Calmbirth® and this does include the topics of the Partner’s Role & C-Section. Where you are seeking to expand your understanding of Early Parenting Skills and Breastfeeding, we highly recommend our Calm Connected Parenting class.
To identify which child birth or early parenting class that may empower you and your partner, please click into our Course Dates & Enrolment to discover your choices.
Also, where our course dates do not coincide with you availability, again please contact Penny so that we can discuss course options. Where we have a number of like enquiries for a non listed course date, we will endeavour to hold a course that may be suitable.
Penny’s contactable are:
Mobile: 0417 473 746
What is Calmbirth®?
Calmbirth® is a prenatal education program developed by Peter Jackson, an Australian midwife and Subconscious-mind therapist.
Calmbirth® is the model of excellence when it comes to eliminating the unnecessary anxiety apprehension and fear that often surrounds pregnancy labour and birth.
The course is based on the belief that pregnancy and birth are normal life events and draws its content from many different but related fields such as medicine, midwifery, science and psychology.
What can I expect to learn in a Calm Connexions® – Calmbirth® class program?
During the course you can expect to develop an understanding of:
- How fear and tension can affect the physiology of birth.
- The science behind relaxation, visualisation and breathing techniques and how to optimize their effects.
- Simple visualisation techniques that can be adapted with the understanding of the positive effects of birth hormones and develop stratagies for keeping them at optimal levels regardless of how the birth experience unfolds.
- Learn about the mechanics of labour and how the body is designed. This knowledge can then be used to not only increase the comfort of labour and birth but the safety as well.
- The benefits of touch and practical skills to enhance the affect that partners and support people can have on optimal outcomes.
- Discover ways to enhance bonding and support by approaching pregnancy labour and birth as a team.
- Learn about the importance of prenatal and afterbirth bonding that draws on 50 years of research on attachment parenting. Showing parents simple ways they can enhance the attachment, security and intelligence of their children.
- Develop some strategies for holding it together in challenging situations and working with care – givers in a more collaborative way. Includes a relaxation to enhance resilience with specialized fear release techniques.
- Learn about the importance of fathers drawing from new research that supports “engaged fatherhood”
- Hear many positive stories and examples of how the birth and parenting experience can optimized and enjoyed
- And much more.
What is the difference between Calmbirth® and HypnoBirth®?
In a nut shell the difference between Calmbirth® and HypnoBirthing® is that each program reflects the profession of the founder. Peter Jackson being a midwife foremost and Mare Mongan being a hypnotherapist. Each has built on the work of contemporary science and Subconscious-mind therapy in different ways. Both programmes’ foundations are based on the work of Dr Grantly Dick Read’s Fear –Tension- Pain Syndrome (Childbirth without fear).
HypnoBirthing® teaches couples self -hypnosis techniques and Calmbirth® promotes the use and development of inner resources to achieve deep relaxation.
The training of practitioners differs also. Calmbirth® has been through the process of accreditation and is accredited by the Natural Birth Education and Research Centre.
All Calmbirth® practitioners must have some experience of with women in birthing i.e. midwife or doula. Both HypnoBirthing® and Calmbirth® are excellent programs for birth preparation.
Many of the practitioners that were completing their training in my group told me that they were doing so because there was much greater support for them as practitioners and that they thought It was tailored more for Australian birthing choices.
My Partner cannot come can I do the course on my own?
The course is just as important for partners and support people to get the best return for your investment your support person needs to do the course also.
How are the classes structured & what are the costs commencing 1st July 2017?
- The course is run over two full days or six nights of 2 hours.
- The Calm Connexions® – Calmbirth® course can be started anytime from 22 weeks onwards (most do it from 26 – 34 weeks) and can be completed up to estimated birth date.
- The cost of the course is $495 per couple within a group environment of no more than six couples.
- Private tuition is available for the individual couple upon request.
- The cost includes Peter Jackson’s Calmbirth® book and relaxation CDs, morning and afternoon teas with ongoing support with Penny via telephone and email communication.
- Venue location is at Warners Bay with rural aspect and plenty of home styled hospitality.
How do I secure a place?
By the completion of on-line enrollment forms (Mother & Partner) and payment either PayPal or arrangements with Penny.
Alternative to PayPal – Direct Deposit
NAB: Calm Connexions with Penny
Deposit : $100
BSB: 082 514
Account: 87090 0854
Calm Connexions with Penny is a registered company within Australia ABN: 28 261 277 908
Can I claim the expense of the course with my health fund?
Penny is a registered health provider with the following Australian private health funds:
HCF Health Fund Provider No: A200368
Teachers Federation Health Fund Provider No: RN972841
NIB Health Fund Provider No: 10063325
BUPA Health Fund Provider No: 43696
Registered Nurse & Registered Midwife No: 0972841